Q: Why will the web server not start on my BSC-600/1200 after changing timezone?
A: I changed the timezone on my BSC-600/1200 and after a reboot the web server will not start. How can I recover the BSC-600/1200?
1. Start with the BSC powered off. Connect a laptop with a nine-pin null-modem serial cable to the BSC's serial console port. Use a terminal emulation program such as Microsoft HyperTerminal (9600,8,none,1,none).
2. Power on the BSC. Immediately begin to press control-c repeatedly until the interrupt in the boot process stops at a CFE> prompt. There is only a 2-3 second time frame for the interrupt from the time BSC is powered on.
3. Set the date and time at the CFE prompt - commands are "set date" and "set time".
set date dy/mm/dd/yyyy
where dy is day of week: 1-7 for Sunday through Saturday, mm is month: 1-12 for Jan through Dec dd is day of month: 1-31 and yyyy is year: 2000-2099 set time hh:mm:ss
4. Verify time and date with: show time
5. Push the restart button on the front of the box.
6. After the BSC restores log in to the web based administrative console and go to general>time.
7. Set the BSC to synchronize at boot time and configure a valid NTP server to prevent the issue from re-occurring.