This guide outlines how to use ADTRAN’s web portal to perform the following tasks:
- Open a New Support Case
- Check Support Case Status or Update a Case
- Request an RMA
- Check the Status of an RMA
Before You Begin
For urgent, service-affecting issues we require that you call ADTRAN Customer Care at 888-423-8726 to open a case.
Having details on hand when opening a case will expedite the processFor a support case, it’s important to know the specific product for which you need assistance. For example, if voice service is not working on a Total Access 5000 module, entering the module type (CPOTS, RPOTS, VDSL Combo, etc.) and basic configuration (GR-303, SIP, MGCP, etc.) will send your case to the engineer qualified to provide support on that technology. Not providing details may require additional questions and case handoffs before help begins.
Details for a Support Case
- Specific product type – model or card name/ model number. Providing the serial number of the product is best. Use this link for tips on finding your serial number..
- Basic configuration
- Service Plan Number (required for delivery of contracted SLA)
- Remote access to the equipment
- Troubleshooting steps taken so far
Details for an RMA
- Serial number of the product (required)
- Description of the product failure
- Troubleshooting steps taken so far
- Service Plan (or Care Plan) Number
- Shipping address
- Method of Payment for potential fees
Open a New Case (non-urgent issues)
For urgent, service-affecting issues ADTRAN requires that you call ADTRAN Customer Care at 888-423-8726 to open a case.
- Go to www.adtran.com and login using the MyADTRAN button at the top right of the screen.
- You may open a case without logging in, but your case may not appear in the portal correctly.
- If you log in, you will not have to enter your contact information.
- Go to www.adtran.com/opencase or navigate to Support, Open a Support Case and click the green Open A Support Case button.
- Select a Product Family from the drop-down list.
- Select a Product Series from the drop down list.
- If known, provide the Serial Number of the product for which you need assistance, and click Validate.
- For products with multiple cards, such as the Total Access 5000, enter the serial number of the card where you suspect the issue is occurring.
- For some products, a serial number is required to obtain support. If a red-text-message indicates that a serial number is required, you may continue to enter the case without it, but you will be contacted by an ADTRAN Customer Care Agent to supply the serial number prior to working with a Support Engineer.
- Enter the applicable Service Plan Number and click Validate.
- If you do not know the number, call 888-423-8726 and we will look it up for you.
- The service plan number will ensure that any SLAs for non-urgent cases entered via the web are met. Please call 888-423-8726 for urgent issues.
- Select the Case Type and Priority.
- If the Product Release/Version field appears, select your product release or software version from the dropdown.
- Enter a short, descriptive Case Title/Summary for your request.
- Add a Customer Reference Number if applicable.
- Enter a Detailed Description of Issue and click Next.
- If you did not log in earlier, enter Contact Information
- Select the method to be contacted by ADTRAN Product Support – Email or Telephone and click Submit.
Check Case Status or Update a Case
- Go to http://www.adtran.com/srp (requires adtran.com login) or navigate from adtran.com by selecting Support, Open a Support Case, then select View Now under Review My Support Case
- Cases opened under your login email address, or opened by someone who has shared cases with you, should appear automatically on the View Support Cases page.
- To share your cases with others, or to see any sharing already applied to your cases, click the View users with access to all my cases link.
- To delete sharing of all your cases, click the radio button beside the domain or email address and click the Delete button.
- To add sharing of all your cases, enter a domain name (@domain.com) or an email address (email@example.com) and click Add.
- You can share individual cases separately by using the link in the case detail view (see below).
- To view individual case detail, click on the Support Case No. link.
- Status field indicates where the action is currently with the case. For example, if Support is currently working on the case it will say ADTRAN in Process. If the case is waiting for something from a customer, it will say Waiting on Customer.
- For cases registered to your logged in email, you may update the case by clicking the Update Support Case link and enter new details.
- For cases registered to your logged in email, you may upload a file to the case by clicking the Choose File button, navigate to and select the file you would like to upload, then click Upload. There is a 15mb limit. If you need to upload a larger file, add notes via Update Support Case asking for an FTP address.
- From case detail, you may update those who can see all your cases by clicking the Manage users with access to all my cases link.
- From case detail, you may also update access to this individual case using the provided fields.
- Check the Notes field at the bottom of this page to see the details of the activity on the case.
Request an RMA
Customers may acquire an RMA number to return a product for repair at www.adtran.com/submitrma (login required). The system allows for individual product RMAs, or bulk uploaded serial numbers. RMAs created online will be subject to No Trouble Found (NTF) or Out of Warranty (OOW) fees unless a Service Plan Number is included, and the plan includes NTF or OOW waivers.
To avoid the potential NTF fee, a customer may open a support case at www.adtran.com/opencase and troubleshoot with an ADTRAN representative. This method is not available for products that cannot be powered up and put through basic troubleshooting steps.
- Go to www.adtran.com/submitrma and login
- Complete the form shown below if this is the first RMA you have requested via the website. An email will be sent to the address you provided to confirm the request and gather further details.
- If you have previously requested an RMA via the website, your screen should look similar to the one below.
- For a short list of items, select “Continue to Webform”. For a longer list of items, use the Bulk RMA Uploader.
- If you select Bulk RMA Uploader, an Excel template is provided along with a PDF containing instructions for use the bulk uploader.
- Continuing with instructions for the webform, select the Company Name/Billing Address applicable to this RMA (if more than 1 is available).
- Select a choice of disposition if your product is not repairable and click Continue.
- Select a Shipping Address using the drop down menu and click Continue. (If the shipping address you need is not listed, please open a support case at www.adtran.com/opencase to request the shipping address be added to your profile.)
- Paste the serial numbers, separated by commas into the area and click “Add Item(s)”.
- Enter a Purchase Order Number to be charged if fees apply. Fees include NTF and OOW.
- Enter a valid Service Plan Number for your company, if applicable.
- Enter a failure description.
- If any items are not supported for RMA, a message will indicate that, and the product will not be added to the request. The example above shows that three serial numbers were pasted, but only two landed on the request. One of the two is out of warranty.
- If any items are Out-of-Warranty, a message will indicate that, and you will be required to check the box to approve the out of warranty fees and repair charges, or click the link to remove the item.
- If you need an OOW quote prior to such approval, please open a support case at www.adtran.com/opencase and request an OOW repair quote.
- Click Submit RMA Request
- A confirmation screen will provide shipping instructions.
- You will also receive an email with RMA details and instructions.
Check the Status of an RMA
- Go to www.adtran.com/rmastatus
- Enter the RMA number in the RMA Request Number field as shown below or if you don’t know the RMA number enter the other details about the RMA.
- The details of the RMA will be shown similar to the example below.
- If the RMA is not found or you have follow-up questions, please call ADTRAN Customer Care at 888-423-8726 and provide the RMA number.