How do you send debug output to a Syslog Server from an AOS device?
The ability for AOS devices to send debug output to a Syslog Server was added in AOS release R13.2.0.
You will need a Syslog Server that the AOS device can reach via IP.
This must be configured in the command line interface (CLI) in the global configuration mode (config terminal).
To configure this, you must:
1) turn logging forwarding on
2) set the facility (you can choose between local0 through local7)
3) configure the priority level to debug
3) define the Syslog Server as the "receiver-ip"
4) configure the debugs to be forwarded to the Syslog Server
As an example, if you want to capture the following debugs to a Syslog Server at 192.168.100.25:
debug sip stack messages
debug voice verbose
debug isdn l2-formatted
You can use the following global configuration commands:
logging forwarding on
logging facility local0
logging forwarding priority-level debug
logging forwarding receiver-ip 192.168.100.25
logging forwarding debug sip stack messages
logging forwarding debug voice verbose
logging forwarding debug isdn l2-formatted