3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2012 3:03 PM by cstinson

Pings being sent out

cstinson New Member

When I do a debug ip icmp send on my TA908E, I'm seeing these messages. What is causing this?

ICMP SEND: From (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) to (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) Type=3 Code=13 Length=44 Details:communication administratively prohibited

ICMP SEND: From (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) to (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) Type=3 Code=13 Length=44 Details:communication administratively prohibited

• Re: Pings being sent out
          geo Employee

Hello.

Thank you for your question.

Code 13 in the debug specifies that a router cannot forward a packet due to administrative filtering.  It appears that an access-group could be blocking traffic.  The icmp message is a generated in response to the blocked traffic.

Let me know if you would like me to take a look at your configuration.  You will want to remove any information in your configuration which may be sensitive to your company's network.

Geoff