4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2012 10:30 AM by thelma

TA 1500 4 wire circuits

thelma Beta_User

Has anyone worked with installing a four wire circuit across one TA1500 to another/  I am having trouble getting the circuit to work without errors.  I am currently trying E&M/TO cards (118402L1) and cannot get the circuit to run clean no matter what I do.  Any suggestions?

• Re: TA 1500 4 wire circuits
          benchrider11 Employee

Thelma,

My first question would be, who is providing timing ?  Where are you seeing the errors ? What is the config. of the T-1 and E & M cards ?

thelma Beta_User

The T-1 that feeds the TA1500 is ESF B8ZS.  The E & M card had no configuration other than the default.  I have put nothing on the E & M except to place the dip switch on E & M.  Then I have tried to changed levels on both transmit and receive at both E & M cards and that did no good.  The customers is seeing the circuit go up and down and taking hits.  I can see no trouble through my TIMS unit at all.  These are for fire alarm circuits that have modems on each end.

The only other 4 wire circuit that I have that goes from one TA1500 to another was for a security alarm system.  It kept taking errors.  I cannot tell you what the errors are because it is the customer's equipment.  I am on a government project and cannot know what the customer has at the end.  Therein lies one of my problems.

Now if I have a 4 wire that goes from a TA1500 to another type of channel bank, like an ITT shelf, I have no problems at all.  The problems only arise when I have two TA1500 at each end.

benchrider11 Employee

Thelma,

Sounds like you will need to go on site with a laptop, call and open a ticket, so we can troubleshoot, do you know if this cir. is nailed up all the time or if it uses the E & M leads for signaling ?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      thelma Beta_User

Currently I have no 4 wire circuits working that way because I had to move them on to old equipment.  I cannot have a circuit down for any length of time to trouble shoot.  Once I get all of my old equipment changed out to TA1500's I will start testing circuits.  I was just trying to jump the gun to figure out what is going on before I install any 4 wire circuits.  Thanks so much for the info.   I will be opening a trouble ticket when I get started.  Right now it is a mute point because I have 60 year old equipment mixed in with this equipment.  That causes many problems for me with other types of circuits as well.  I have to pretty much play with a new unit until I can get it to work.  I have my TA1500's with really weird settings just to get the digital and analog lines working at my location.  I have spoken to Gary about it and he does not understand how my equipment is even working on the provisioning I have on my units.  Like I said, once I get all of my old equipment changed out to TA-1500's, then I can start figuring out what to do.  Thanks for your help.