cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transferring Intermittently not working

I have a client that is claiming that the transfer button on an IP 712 simply does not work (no dial tone) from time to time. I have not personally seen the issue, as it was working when I went on site. I am confident that it is not a training issue, as the client is very well versed in how the transfer button works. If anyone has had an issue similar to this, let me know. Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transferring Intermittently not working

abovepoint,

This could happen if all of the line keys on the IP 712 were currently tied up on calls and they tried to do a transfer with no other line key (call appearance) available.  An easy thing to try would be to assign an extra line key or two to the phone to see if it resolves the issue.  You can do that by going to Voice > IP Phone Configs > select the phone from list to highlight > click Edit > click Ext: <extension number> under the Action column > increase number in the Keys field > click Apply  and reboot the phone.  If that does not help, it may be worth configuring a different phone for that user to see if the problem follows the phone or the extension.  If it stays with the extension a debug sip stack messages and a debug voice verbose would be needed to see what is happening.  If the problem is not reproducible on demand you would likely have to set up a persistent debug to catch the problem:

Thanks,
Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transferring Intermittently not working

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,
Matt