2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2012 10:03 AM by ranweb

Specific SSID not using Login Page

ranweb New Member

I have two SSID assigned to a single template.  I want the two SSID to have there own distinctive login page.  On my network I have an ProdNet and OpenNet SSID.  When attached to the ProdNet SSID, user is presented with associated Logon Page.  When attached to the OpenNet SSID, no login page is presented, it simply loads the 'Post Login" page, which happens to go to Google.com.

Under the SSID (Wireless... SSID), I have the associate login screen picked, it simply doesn't want to load it.

Thoughts!

Randy

• Re: Specific SSID not using Login Page
          erik Employee

Hi Randy,

It sounds like you've got things configured properly. For your OpenNet SSID, is your "Default Role" set to Un-registered in Provision > Wireless > SSID? And are you allowing any services in the policy for the Un-registered role (Provision > Roles > Roles)? If so, what are you allowing?

Thank you,

Erik

• Re: Specific SSID not using Login Page
              ranweb New Member

Erik,

Thank you for 'jarring' my memory loose!  As you as you mentioned to check the "Default Role", I realized I had assigned it a role, instead of selecting "Un-Registred".  The system was just doing what I told it to do, assign a role if associated to the SSID and allow them to access a resource. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Randy