cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Not dial from Missed Calls (ECS)

Jump to solution

My users can not dial from the missed calls menu on and phones in my ECS environment. I assume it is an Adtran dial plan issue as opposed to an Ingate issue as I never see the call try to process on the ingate side. I get a Error 404 when I try to dial from the features menu for missed calls. I am using polycom phones. Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can Not dial from Missed Calls (ECS)

Jump to solution

I'm glad to hear it works.  Can you come back to this thread and flag the "Correct Answer"?  That will let other community members know there is an answer on this thread.

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I am actually seeing it now in the Packet Capture. It appears that the system actually has the "+" symbol in the dial string. For example if xxxyyy3599 from a desk phone it translates to 1xxxyyy3599 and completes correctly. However the digits look like the following when dialed from the missed call menu: +1xxxyyy3599. How do i get rid of the "+" symbol?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

figured it out.... had to add [+] to outbound LD in dial plan....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

sorry back open... the [+] kills all incoming calls however it does allow the missed call feature to work. Any ideas would be helpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

tracyhammer,

It sounds like incoming calls from the SIP provider have a + in front of the caller-id for some reason.  If that is the case you have a couple of different options:

• Strip the + in the Ingate before it routes the incoming call to UC to prevent it from being in the caller-id when it hits the phone
  • Strip the + in the UC dial plan for outgoing calls so it is removed before it hits the Ingate when they are redialing from the phone menu

To address this in UC you can try making a new dial plan entry for outbound calls to have a "+" in front in the Original digits field and selecting 1 in the Digits to skip field. 

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,
Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Matt… thanks for your input…

In fact this does work and my outbound calls from “missed calls” complete successfully. However this rule with the kills all inbound traffic. I assume because this changes my inbound dial plan route but I can’t figure out where.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Got it Matt… Thanks – just had to set my outbound priority to greater than my inbound DID priority.

Once again thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I'm glad to hear it works.  Can you come back to this thread and flag the "Correct Answer"?  That will let other community members know there is an answer on this thread.

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos