2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2013 9:15 AM by nick Branched to a new discussion.

Android on vWLAN

redd77 New Member

Hello,

This might not be the best place to ask but I figured I'd start here.  Currently we have vWLAN setup primarily for Windows laptops and PC's but we are starting to bring in more Android devices.  We are using 802.1x for authentication to a Windows radius server.  We also require clients to have a certificate insatlled on their machine.  Now this works great for Windows but Android clients authenticate using just a users credentials and no certificate.  Is there a way to force Android clients to use both a users credentials and a certificate?  Will I need to redo my authentication shceme?

Thanks

Redd

• Re: Android on vWLAN
          nick Employee

Redd,

When a mobile devices connect to the 802.1x SSID, the client will be presented with the certificate from the Windows Radius Server where the client will accept and install the certificate.  After the client accepts the certificate, it will not be presented to do so again until a new certificate is generated on the Radius Server.  You should not have to change your authenticate scheme.

• Re: Android on vWLAN
              nick Employee

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.” If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily as well as award points to the users that helped you. If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.