7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2012 8:15 AM by ranweb

SSID - Using preset default role - acknowledge page

ranweb New Member

This posting is similar to my earlier posting; however, it is slightly different.

I currently am setting up an SSID that will not require any authentication, thus I have SSID using a pre-defined role I've already setup.  I'm attempting to send them to webpage, on the internet,  which will allow the to see that they are connected to the internet.  Basically, I'm attempting to re-direct them to a page so I can post messages/annoucements to the users of the service.

I'm guessing since I'm not authenticating, I can use a 'login page'.  Any thought?

Randy Webster      

• Re: SSID - Using preset default role - acknowledge page
          erik Employee

That's right, Randy. The redirection function requires that a user associate and be "un-registered". If no other authentication configurations are used, web redirection kicks in. Currently, the precedence for placing users into roles is as follows:

1. MAC Authentication
          2. Wild Card MAC Authentication
          3. SSID Default
          4. 802.1x
          5. Web auth

We need that web auth redirection to be able to change the destination address from the user's original one to the one you have created. Thus, some web login (captive portal) is required. However, it need not require the user to enter credentials. It could be as simple as presenting a page that says, "To proceed to the guest wireless network, click the Enter button," and after the user clicks a button they get placed in a role (e.g., Guest) and are redirected to the page you wish. There is more information on this type of setup - complete with sample HTML code - on the vWLAN wiki at:

http://vwlanwiki.bluesocket.com/index.php/Customized_login_page

The vWLAN wiki presently requires a username and password. If you need it, you can find it on this page of the support forums (on the upper-right side of the page): https://supportforums.adtran.com/community/bluesocket/bluesocket-vwlan

Regards,

Erik

erik Employee

Randy,

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Erik

ranweb New Member

Erik,

Thank you for the feedback... I totally dropped the ball on closing this inquiry or at least providing some information.  I have to many project going at once so I simply forgot!

I did find an interesting 'flow'...  When I used some of the sample code provided in the link above, it gave me the simple code; however, each time I click on the OK, it redirects to my other SSID authentication page (very confusing).  I've looked through the interface to determine why its going back to the other page; however, I can't find figure it out???  Have you ever heard about this happening?

Randy

erik Employee

Thank you for the update, Randy.When you say your "other SSID authentication page," is it the default web login page? Also, when you test your code, are you testing from a client that is actually connected to the wireless network and getting redirected?

Thanks again,

Erik

ranweb New Member

Erik,

I have my laptop connected to SSID JusticeNet and when loaded, it produces the code stating "I accept authorized use agreement" with a check box and a continue button.  Upon clicking the continue button, I get redirected back to the SSID Cownet, which is the logon page for the internal network.  Once at teh CowNet logon page, I get the error msg stating "The system could not log you in.  Please close all browsers, reopen a browser and attempt to log in again." 

Note; sorry for the delay in response, I've been tasked with other projects.

Randy