cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrglace
New Contributor

1638P firmware Error

Jump to solution

After firmware update of our NV 1638P on last version NV1638A-18-02-05-00, the switch has been reboted and started in bootstrap mode, I have just tried to upload from tftp server and xmodem all firmware version downloaded from "https://www.adtran.com/web/appmanager/portal/Adtran?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=waverunner_page_support_so...", but all time when the switch boot sand this message:

Executing bootstrap...

ram: 268435456 bytes of RAM detected.

Serial Number: LBADTN1124AX266

Bootstrap

Version: 18.01.01.00

Checksum: cffe6c1d3684d97af466c3942cafdd43

Build Date: Tue Mar  8 16:04:55 CST 2011

vfs: NONVOL: 134217728 total, 54777856 used.

bootstrap: Checking boot configuration...

bootstrap: Primary image is 'NONVOL:/NV1638A-18-02-01-00.biz'.

bootstrap: Booting 'NONVOL:/NV1638A-18-02-01-00.biz'

bootstrap: Verifying file integrity, stand by...

bootstrap: Image checksum failed.

bootstrap: Primary image boot failed.

bootstrap: Could not boot primary image.

bootstrap: Could not boot image, entering bootstrap mode...

cli: starting command line interface...

cli: starting user interface

Press '?' for help.

eth0/1: initializing...

eth0/1: MAC address is 00:A0:C8:7B:FA:E6

bootstrap#

What can I do?

Thank a lot

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1638P firmware Error

Jump to solution

- Thanks for posting your question on the forum!

Based on the bootstrap messages you provided, it appears that the 1638 is attempting to load 18.02.01 firmware as opposed to the 18.02.05 you mentioned. While in bootstrap, take a look at the firmware files that are currently in flash. This can be done by issuing the "show flash" command. If the file, "NV1638A-18-02-05-00.biz", exists then you will need to apply that as the primary firmware on the 1638. This can be done by issuing the following command from bootstrap: "boot system flash NV1638A-18-02-05-00.biz". If you do not see that particular file, but you see another firmware file on flash, feel free to apply that firmware as the primary so that the switch can be booted up at least.

If a firmware file does not exist in flash, this means you must upload a new firmware file and apply it as the primary before the switch will boot up properly. Instructions on how to do this can be found in this article:

Upgrading Firmware in AOS

Also, as an additional note, I noticed that the bootcode you are currently running is 18.01.01. You need a bootcode revision of at least 18.02.01 to run firmware 18.02.01 or later. To obtain this bootcode, you will need to contact Technical Support. You can reach them in the following manners:

- By web - Create a Service Request

- By emailing support@adtran.com

- By calling 1-888-423-8726

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- Thanks for posting your question on the forum!

Based on the bootstrap messages you provided, it appears that the 1638 is attempting to load 18.02.01 firmware as opposed to the 18.02.05 you mentioned. While in bootstrap, take a look at the firmware files that are currently in flash. This can be done by issuing the "show flash" command. If the file, "NV1638A-18-02-05-00.biz", exists then you will need to apply that as the primary firmware on the 1638. This can be done by issuing the following command from bootstrap: "boot system flash NV1638A-18-02-05-00.biz". If you do not see that particular file, but you see another firmware file on flash, feel free to apply that firmware as the primary so that the switch can be booted up at least.

If a firmware file does not exist in flash, this means you must upload a new firmware file and apply it as the primary before the switch will boot up properly. Instructions on how to do this can be found in this article:

Upgrading Firmware in AOS

Also, as an additional note, I noticed that the bootcode you are currently running is 18.01.01. You need a bootcode revision of at least 18.02.01 to run firmware 18.02.01 or later. To obtain this bootcode, you will need to contact Technical Support. You can reach them in the following manners:

- By web - Create a Service Request

- By emailing support@adtran.com

- By calling 1-888-423-8726

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi