cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanw
New Contributor

Issues trying to get into the GUI or Console

Jump to solution

Hello all. I'm hoping you guys can help me out with an issue I'm running into, and trying with all my power to avoid doing a factory reset. The short of it, is that I cant get into the GUI of the router. This may be a configuration thing (more on this later) or just me not doing something right. Now, onto what is making this a monumental frustration:

• The person who set this up, is no longer here and documentation of setup is nil.
  • I was able to get 2 IP's of the router by doing tracerts, I believe I know the IP of e0/1 but putting that in a browser brings me to an error page. Trying the second, which I believe is the WAN IP, I get the same thing.
  • They are using E0/1 for their network, so I tried connecting to E0/2 with a laptop and using instructions here http://www.adtran.com/pub/Library/Quick_Start_Guides/Public_View/NetVanta%203430%20Quick%20Start%20G... However I think he disabled E0/2 because I get a 'network cable unplugged' error on the adapter.
  • I tried telnet-ing to what I think is the E0/1 and I can't connect.
  • I checked the firewall to see if anything was blocking traffic to that ip, good there.
  • I tried connecting via the console, but frankly I'm lost with that since I'm not really sure what to do after I get the laptop hooked up. I used a F -> male adapter and a console cable to get connected, but I'm lost after that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Issues trying to get into the GUI or Console

Jump to solution

- If the IP address and login credentials are unknown on an AOS device, then your only option is to access the device via the console port using a straight through serial cable. You must use the console connection to bring the AOS device into bootstrap. This will allow you to access the configuration of the device through the CLI, thus allowing you to view or make any configuration changes you need to access the router.

The following post provides more information on how to console into the router and get into bootstrap:

I hope this helps, but do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or issues.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- If the IP address and login credentials are unknown on an AOS device, then your only option is to access the device via the console port using a straight through serial cable. You must use the console connection to bring the AOS device into bootstrap. This will allow you to access the configuration of the device through the CLI, thus allowing you to view or make any configuration changes you need to access the router.

The following post provides more information on how to console into the router and get into bootstrap:

I hope this helps, but do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or issues.

Thanks,

Noor

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@ryanw - I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

In your post you mentioned that connecting to the address that you believe is E0/1 brings you to an error page. If that really is the IP address of E0/1 then it should bring you to a page that requests the username and password.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor