7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2012 6:37 AM by kalync

Firmware Release Notes

justinhulsman New Member

Hello,

I went to the support site for the MX-2800 line.  We are running some rather old firmware, and I was going to check the release notes for an issue that we are experiencing.  Are the release notes available for download somewhere?

Thank You.

• Re: Firmware Release Notes
          unified Past_Featured_Member

You can find the release notes for the MX2800 series here: Software Downloads

I take that back, the links are there but they don't contain the release notes.

Message was edited by: unified

Employee

There should be links at Software Downloads in the fourth column that will open the Release Notes for each corresponding download (see image below).  Please let me know if the links are not showing up or if they are not working.

Untitled.jpg

kalync

unified Past_Featured_Member

If you download and open the release notes file it says:

No Release Notes are available at this time.

If you have any questions, please call ADTRAN Technical Support at:

Toll-free: 888-4ADTRAN

Direct: 256-963-8716

Employee

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  We investigated further and, regretfully, there are no formal release notes for the last few firmware releases for the MX2800.

However, we are happy to help.

justinhulsman,

Can you tell us more about the issue you are experiencing and what version of firmware are you running?

kalync

justinhulsman New Member

Thanks kalync,

We've had this gear in service for YEARS without issue.  Someone in our transport department reported that the units would fall into a state where they would need to stop polling the unit in order to successfully telnet to the unit.  Given that it's not service affecting, there hasn't been a huge effort to resolve it.  Like I said, they've been in service for YEARS.  They're still running 1.83A.   I was going to look at the release notes before testing on newer firmware.

Thanks,

justinhulsman

Employee

justinhulsman,

Wow.  It sounds like you are not only ready, but in need of a firmware upgrade. 

After much digging, we were able to come up with the following attached release note for the MX2800 M13 system release 3.42P.  I will also add it to the Support Community's Technical Documentation repository.  Please let me know if this is not what you had in mind or if you have any questions about upgrading your systems to the latest release.

Thanks,

kalync

Employee

justinhulsman,

I am marking this question as 'Assumed Answered', since there have been no more questions posted.  Please feel free to mark any correct or helpful answers that may have assisted you. If you still need assistance, please let us know and we will be more than happy to continue working with you.

Thank you,

kalync