0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: decrypting a password in adtran or disable password encryptd

Jump to solution

yahya,

Thanks for posting!  Since the encryption is a one-way hash, it really is not possible to decrypt it within the Adtran.  You will need to overwrite and/or shut off the feature.  To overwrite, you will just need to enter your password commands again with the password you choose.  To turn off the feature, you will need to enter "no service password-encryption" and then reenter each password.  Below is an example.

TA900#conf t

TA900(config)#no service password-encryption

TA900(config)#enable password adtran

TA900(config)#username admin password adtran

etc.

Thanks!

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

yahya,

Thanks for posting!  Since the encryption is a one-way hash, it really is not possible to decrypt it within the Adtran.  You will need to overwrite and/or shut off the feature.  To overwrite, you will just need to enter your password commands again with the password you choose.  To turn off the feature, you will need to enter "no service password-encryption" and then reenter each password.  Below is an example.

TA900#conf t

TA900(config)#no service password-encryption

TA900(config)#enable password adtran

TA900(config)#username admin password adtran

etc.

Thanks!

David

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

yahya,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered".  If the response on this thread assisted you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make it visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks!

David