9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2012 8:48 AM by dcorrea

Ringback tone

dcorrea Visitor

Hello Guys,

I was setting up my NV7100 for the main office, and I have a situation with some ringback tones that I don't have for some calls (more frecuently in cell phone calls). I'm using a softphone for made the calls. Do you have any idea for why I don't receiving my ringback tone?!

Which debugs would be useful for you guys?

Thanks in advance,

• Re: Ringback tone
          unified Past_Featured_Member

Are the calls going out a SIP trunk?

dcorrea Visitor

Hi,

Yes the calls are going out across a SIP trunk

Thanks,

unified Past_Featured_Member

When placing an outbound call see if the provider is sending back a "183 Session Progress" or "180 Ringing"

You can check this using "debug sip stack messages" on the Adtran or running a packet capture on the WAN.

If you want you can post either here and I will take a look at it.

I have seen many lower end ITSPs take a long time to send these messages or not send them at all.

This will cause no ring back.

dcorrea Visitor

Unified,

I perform the debug sip stack messages and in there I wasn't able to see the "180 Ringing" I will set up a packet capture using Wireshark.

Here's what I got from the debug:

IPPBX#debug sip stack messages summary

IPPBX#

15:05:45.445 SIP.STACK MSGSUM  Rx: INVITE sip:xxxxxxxx@XX.XX.XX.XX SIP/2.0 (with SDP)

15:05:45.449 SIP.STACK MSGSUM  Tx: SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized

15:05:45.552 SIP.STACK MSGSUM  Rx: ACK sip:xxxxxxxx@XX.XX.XX.XX SIP/2.0

15:05:45.586 SIP.STACK MSGSUM  Rx: INVITE sip:xxxxxxxx@XX.XX.XX.XX SIP/2.0 (with SDP)

15:05:45.590 SIP.STACK MSGSUM  Tx: SIP/2.0 100 Trying

15:05:45.887 SIP.STACK MSGSUM  Rx:

15:05:48.684 SIP.STACK MSGSUM  Tx: SIP/2.0 200 OK (with SDP)

15:05:48.860 SIP.STACK MSGSUM  Rx: ACK sip:XX.XX.XX.XX:5060;transport=UDP SIP/2.0

15:05:56.512 SIP.STACK MSGSUM  Rx: BYE sip:XX.XX.XX.XX:5060;transport=UDP SIP/2.0

15:05:56.515 SIP.STACK MSGSUM  Tx: SIP/2.0 200 OK

Thanks in advance for the help.

dcorrea Visitor

Matt & Unified,

Thanks for the help on here, as you mentioned before the problem was with the 180 Ringing between the ITSP and my rNV.

Thanks for you valuable help,