cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TA924 SIP sample configuration needed

Jump to solution

Due to customer requirements, we have been asked to supply a TA 908e device (we have an in-house 924 which we're using for testing) connected to the backside of an NEC phone system and using SIP.  What they are doing is, connecting a few buildings via fiber with an NEC phone system at the main building and analog lines at the remote buildings.  They need to convert the data to analog for analog phones.  So, a call comes into the main building, they are passing the call via SIP to a TA and passing the call out an FXS port.  What I need is an example of how this would be set up.  I am not strong on the SIP to PBX side so I apologize for such a basic question.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TA924 SIP sample configuration needed

Jump to solution

!

voice trunk T09 type sip

sip-server primary [registrar ip/domain]

!

voice grouped-trunk VOICETRUNK

no description

trunk T09

accept $ cost 0

!

voice user 1009

connect fxs 0/1

sip-identity <sip username> T09 register auth-name <sip username> password <sip password>

!

voice user 1012

connect fxs 0/2

sip-identity <sip username> T09 register auth-name <sip username> password <sip password>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

!

voice trunk T09 type sip

sip-server primary [registrar ip/domain]

!

voice grouped-trunk VOICETRUNK

no description

trunk T09

accept $ cost 0

!

voice user 1009

connect fxs 0/1

!

voice user 1012

connect fxs 0/2

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

ehouser,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered".  If the response on this thread assisted you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make it visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks!

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

All of this is correct but it's odd the email I got had a portion of the config which is NOT shown above.  You may want to repost the entire config to show what is not included above.  Thanks for the help!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The original config, that I posted wasn't as complete and concise as the one I edited my post to show. Was there something you ended up using on the original?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I used most of it but pieced together the config. I had most of this but was not using any authentication which caused it to not work. After using the authentication everything was ok. I am curious though if there’s a way to NOT have authentication and have the numbers ring any of the FXS lines in a circular fashion. This way you wouldn’t have to tie a user to an actual port. It would cause quite an admin nightmare to have to go back in when new users are created/removed for as many devices/users they have.

Thanks,