4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2012 11:42 AM by kalync

SNMP trap meaning?

jhartman New Member

Hello...first post here and a newbie to the Adtran MUX world...we have two MX2800's used for our IVR app and we're getting the SNMP trap  snmpTrapOID:= ADTRAN-MX2800-MIB:adMX2800.0.44685  which I can see means "This indicates that MX2800 DS2 RAI mode clears"  but I don't have a clue what that means.

I've tried to Google the verbiage and came up blank.  Any help is much appreciated!

~john

In addition to the 44685 trap we're getting the 44634 (This indicates that Card A of the MX2800 enters DS3 RAI mode) trap.

• Re: SNMP trap meaning?
          Employee

Hi jhartman,

The RAI alarm signals a failed transmit circuit.  The network sends the alarm back towards the source of the failed transmit circuit.

The document below is a good reference that provides more details about the MX2800.  The SNMP Management Options, starting on page 3-21, provide details about all of the system's traps.

MX2800 M13 Multiplexer User Manual

Please let us know if you need further assistance or have any more questions.

thanks,

kalync

• Re: SNMP trap meaning?
            Employee

jhartman,

It might also be helpful to note that even though there are DS2 SNMP traps and menu access to the DS2 status in the M13, the DS2 is not a physical interface.  It is part of the DS3 Framer/LIU.  So if you are seeing DS2 traps, it is due to trouble with the DS3 interface. The DS3 RAI will cause RAI alarms on all 7 DS2s inside the DS3.

thanks,

kalync

1 of 1 people found this helpful