2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2013 12:43 PM by erik

AP installation

supermétal New Member

Hi,

i have 8 AP to install in my office.  I don't have me licence key for the moment, but, i try to discovery my AP whit vwLAN.... but, i see juste 1 AP.  The seconde AP don't working......

• Re: AP installation
          erik Employee

Hi, supermétal. What method are you using for the AP to discover the vWLAN? For more information on the methods available, how they may be configured, and troubleshooting instructions, please reference the document, "vWLAN Access Point Discovery," found here on the Support Community:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-1775

Also, it would be helpful to know a little more about the netwwork topology of the WLAN. For example, are the APs all on the same subnet? Is the vWLAN on a different subnet? Do the APs connect to the vWLAN behind a NAT? Are there any filters, ACLs, or firewalls between the APs and the vWLAN? Are the APs and vWLAN on the same LAN, or are the APs at remote locations? And when you say you are able to see one of the APs (but not the second), are you referring to the view in the vWLAN GUI under Provision > Wireless > AP? Lastly, what troubleshooting steps have you taken thus far - e.g., rebooting the AP, resetting the AP to factory defaults, etc.?

Thank you,

Erik

• Re: AP installation
              erik Employee

I went ahead and marked this post as "assumed answered".  Feel free to mark any correct or helpful answers from this post.  If you still need assistance with this issue I would be more than happy to help, just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Erik