cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
getzjd
New Contributor II

Link Aggregation - Clarification Needed

Jump to solution

Just to confirm that if I am going to aggregate links between two 1534's, I would only need to make the configuration on one switch.

For example.  SW1  and SW2

SW 1 configuration

interface port-channel 1

description Uplink to .111

spanning-tree bpdufilter enable

spanning-tree edgeport

no shutdown

interface gigabit-switchport 0/20

no shutdown

channel-group 1 mode on

interface gigabit-switchport 0/21

no shutdown

channel-group 1 mode on

SW2 - ???   Default?

Thank you in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Link Aggregation - Clarification Needed

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  Your configuration looks accurate for "SW 1," but link aggregation (LACP) needs to be configured on both sides (the command spanning-tree bpdufilter enable is not needed for LACP configurations).  Therefore, the configuration will need to be duplicated on "SW2."

Here is the LACP guide for reference.

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply if you have any additional information or questions in the future.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  Your configuration looks accurate for "SW 1," but link aggregation (LACP) needs to be configured on both sides (the command spanning-tree bpdufilter enable is not needed for LACP configurations).  Therefore, the configuration will need to be duplicated on "SW2."

Here is the LACP guide for reference.

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply if you have any additional information or questions in the future.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

0 Kudos
getzjd
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Thank you Levi.  The LACP guide wasnt quite clear on the configuration of the second switch if it were also an Adtran.  Thank you for clearing this up.