12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2013 9:17 AM by nick

How create and print Guest Receipt in BS vWLAN?

ovais New Member

Hi,

I am using Bluesocket vWLAN with four BSAP 1800 and still running the system in test phase. My system has two SSIDs, one for "staff" and one for "guests", staff SSID is working perfect and so as guest. The only thing i am not able to achieve is to generate and print "Guest Receipt". I have created a user "Operator" and allowed it only to access "Guest Access" with READ/WRITE permissions, after logging in with "Operator" account i can see options to create guest account but once i save it nothing happens and i do not see any options to print the receipt, BTW i have already created Guest Receipt with customized logos. Please help me figure this out.

Thanks.    

• Re: How create and print Guest Receipt in BS vWLAN?
          erik Employee

Thanks, ovais. What browser are you using? If Chrome, could you try Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari and see if you get a different result?

Best,

Erik

ovais New Member

Wow !!! That worked like a charm on Internet Explorer. Thank you very much Erik, you are a star !!

nick Employee

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.” If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily as well as award points to the users that helped you. If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

ovais New Member

Hi Erik,

There is a slight issue, After i provide the User ID and Password on the guest portal page in authorized user section, it mentions the details of the account and says " you will be redirected after the registration process completes" but the message stays and re direction does not happen. Any idea? i am sorry, i am so new to Bluesocket interface.

erik Employee

Thanks, ovais. Are you getting an IP address after you are successfully authenticated?

Best,

Erik

ovais New Member

Hi Erik,

The IP address range in NAC addressing is 10.252.0.0 and upon connection to the SSID "Guest" i get an IP address out of this range, ideally after successful log in i should be able to get the IP address from the location defined for the Guest role right? But i does not happen, i get an IP address like 10.252.0.x, i provide user id and password, the cursor keeps loading and nothing happens, If i check in the controller "details ---> Active connections" menu i see the user with 10.0.0.x ip address. The authentication never gets completed and redirection does not happen. Please help .  

erik Employee

You're right, ovais.The process is that, after first associating to the Guest SSID you would get an IP address in the NAC scope, you would then open your browser and be redirected to the web login page, you would enter your credentials, and after the countdown to redirect you to your original web destination finishes, you would get an IP on your switched network and your original web destination would be displayed in your browser. The IP you get at that point would be determined by the "traffic flow" assigned to the role you are authenticated into. So, after you successfully pass credentials, what are you seeing in your browser after the countdown finishes? And at that same time, are you getting an IP address after the countdown finishes? If so, what is the IP? Confirm that location you have chosen for the traffic flow for the role is indeed "active." Lastly, have you tried connecting with different client devices and browsers to confirm that the problem isn't limited to just a one or a few clients?

Best,

Erik

ovais New Member

Hi Erik,

After i enter the credentials i see a message that i will be redirected shortly but it does not happen, i stay at the same window and the count down keeps going on. The IP address i get at the time of association is from NAC addressing and i do not get the IP address from the target location patched with the guest role. As i said earlier i am just running the system as test, for the time being i am keeping same locations for my "Staff" and "Guest" SSID and the only thing i have done is to change the type of role assigned to each SSID, for guest it is "un registered" and for staff it is a new role "staff", do you think keeping the location same for both SSIDs could be a problem, i will eventually have two VLANs one for each SSID with different DHCP pools.

I have checked it on different machines and browser like mozilla, IE8 and Chrome but the result is the same. I have a doubt about one thing, is there any separate window for guest users where they enter their credentials OR it has to be entered in the same upper left corner of the browser window which says "authorized users" ? 

kennethfernandes Employee

So if you are using the same location as staff and staff works on that AP then the location must be OK. What does the guest role allow in the firewall rules? Does it allow DHCP? Perhaps you could set a temporary allow any firewall rule in the guest role to rule out the firewall blocking something.

ovais New Member

Hi Kenneth,

AAwww !!! This sounds like a bunch of an advice , i totally forgot to verify that, will do it first thing in the morning tomorrow and update you guys.

ovais New Member

Hi Guys,

I tried Kenneth's suggestion but the problem is still the same, i have attached some snap shot to give you guys an idea of whats happening at the time of guest log in. As per suggestion, i have allowed all services on guest wlan including DHCP, when i attempt to connect i see a user with NAC IP address identified as guest with the user name (defined automatically at the time of guest user creation) also mentioned in the active client list but the authentication does not complete and the IP from "Staff" location is not obtained.User status.jpgAuthentication.jpg 

kennethfernandes Employee

If the staff role with the staff location works and the guest role allowing ANY using the same staff role doesn't, the only thing I can think of is that you might be on another AP where the switchport is not setup the same as the one that worked. Give that a look and if that doesn't do it, why don't you go ahead and open a support case and we will help you through it.