3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2012 10:44 AM by rickyjames

3000 DSL VLAN Support

aschaeffer New Member

Does the Total Access 3000 support Ethernet VLANs over DSL with the proper configuration?  I am trying to find a way to achieve something similar to the topology in the attached diagram.  I am building a network to distribute internet service to cottages at a retirement community that will include at least 50 end points +.  There is already existing copper for voice and separate pairs for DSL.  To avoid major new costs I wanted to use the DSL technology if possible.  It sounds like the SM2 Ethernet card supports some VLAN to DSL circuit features but that's where my understanding get muddy...

Has anyone done anything like this in the past?

DSL_001.jpg

• Re: 3000 DSL VLAN Support
          tw-support New Member

I don't have any experience the the TA3000 series but if it's anything like the TA5000 or TA1100 or 1200 series you can build as many vlans as you want and then assign those vlans to the evc-map for each port.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              aschaeffer New Member

I guess to clarify my question I can ask it this way:  Is there a way to pass Dot1Q tags into the 3000 (or other unit) and then have the same Dot1Q tags still be intact out of the CPE at each of the subscribers cottages. 

I basically am trying to use the unit and appropriate CPE in place of an Ethernet switch in trunking mode on all ports.

Are there any CPE units that I would have to look at in particular as well for something like this?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              rickyjames Employee

The TA3000 SM2 does support VLAN tagging, but unfortuanately the TA3000 SM2 is a discontinued product. (https://www.adtran.com/web/page/portal/Adtran/product/1181047L1 ).  The TA3000 does not offer a module that supports VLAN Tagging.

If you don't already have the SM2, you would be better suited to use either the TA5000, TA1248A or TA1148A.