cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnoyes
New Contributor III

7100 over VPN

Jump to solution

I have to 7100 devices connected at two locations over a VPN connection.  I'm able to ping from one 7100 to the other with not problem but I cannot get the phones to dial across the VPN.  I think the tunnels and the trunks are setup correctly.  At the main location the call goes directly to T3 (Voice mail).  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 7100 over VPN

Jump to solution

From the debugs I reviewed, it appears the unit is NATing voice traffic, which does not match the description of the two 7100s being connected over a VPN.  You should first check your VPN configuration and make sure the SIP trunks are being routed properly over it.  These guides should help depending on your setup:

Static IPs -

Dynamic IPs -

After the VPN is working properly please attempt to match your SIP trunk configurations to the ones listed in the SIP trunking guide referenced above.  If it is still not working after that point I would need to see a complete configuration for each site, as well as the output from a debug sip stack messages and debug voice verbose both running at the same time. It would help to see those debugs on both 7100s in two separate debug files.

I checked the FTP server and it appears to be working in case you need to upload any more files to it.

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

dnoyes,

Thank you for posting this question.  Our guide should help get you started on this.  Instructions for a site to site 7100 SIP trunk begin on page 20.  If after following that guide you are still having trouble I would likely need to see the configurations and debugs for both sides to help troubleshoot.  A debug voice verbose and debug sip stack messages from both sides when placing a call that fails would be required.  If you would like to submit these you can upload them to our FTP server from the instructions below:

Open Internet Explorer web browser
Type the following URL:  ftp://ftp.adtran.com

Press Alt, click View, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer

Double-click the "Incoming" folder
Drag and drop files from PC into the Internet Explorer window

If you place files on the FTP server I will need to know the file names in order to retrieve them.

Thanks,
Matt

dnoyes
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Thanks Matt. I’ve uploaded a copy of SIP stack and voice debug. They are named ‘landaal-sip-stack.txt’ and ‘landaal-voice.txt’ Any help you can provide is appreciated. Thanks.

dnoyes
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

I was able to make some progress but Im not able to upload files to the FTP server now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

From the debugs I reviewed, it appears the unit is NATing voice traffic, which does not match the description of the two 7100s being connected over a VPN.  You should first check your VPN configuration and make sure the SIP trunks are being routed properly over it.  These guides should help depending on your setup:

Static IPs -

Dynamic IPs -

After the VPN is working properly please attempt to match your SIP trunk configurations to the ones listed in the SIP trunking guide referenced above.  If it is still not working after that point I would need to see a complete configuration for each site, as well as the output from a debug sip stack messages and debug voice verbose both running at the same time. It would help to see those debugs on both 7100s in two separate debug files.

I checked the FTP server and it appears to be working in case you need to upload any more files to it.

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt