2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2013 9:22 AM by nick

vWLAN Beacon Interval

jbk New Member

Was asked by a client why the beacon interval in vWLAN appliance is 200 mS (and strongly recommended) and in the physical controllers (at least older BSC-600's running 6.2) the default beacon interval it's 100 mS.

• Re: vWLAN Beacon Interval
          kennethfernandes Employee

We set a beacon interval of 200 ms so that less airtime is used by beacons by default. Each SSID you have is going to send a beacon at the beacon interval. This is not usually an issue if you have a few SSIDs but where you have many SSIDs, significant airtime can be consumed by just beacons. There are situations where you have a few SSIDs where you may want to lower the beacon interval. For example for faster roaming or to notify clients of buffered multicast traffic sooner.

• Re: vWLAN Beacon Interval
              nick Employee

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.” If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily as well as award points to the users that helped you. If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.