cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brucexx
New Contributor II

How to create "Routed Port" on Netvanta 1335

Jump to solution

I am wondering how to create "Routed Port". I am looking for options but cannot find appropriate command. The no switchport command does not work. I know that the term is taken from Cisco and maybe it is called something different on the AOS. I am also wondering if I need additional card just like NV 7100's eth 0/1 routed port is a that back. My impression was that this is a switch and router in one.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to create "Routed Port" on Netvanta 1335

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  The NetVanta 1335 is exactly like you said:  it's a switch and router in one.  There is nothing you need to configure to make a specific port a "routed port."  If you configure multiple VLANs and assign switchports to those VLANs, then traffic will be routed between those VLANs without ever "leaving" the NetVanta 1335.  This unit is very versatile because it can be a standalone switch, router, firewall, VPN device, or all of the above. 

Here is a guide on Configuring Ethernet Broadband Internet Access in AOS Integrated Switch/Router Products.

Please, let me know what questions you have, I will be happy to help in any I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  The NetVanta 1335 is exactly like you said:  it's a switch and router in one.  There is nothing you need to configure to make a specific port a "routed port."  If you configure multiple VLANs and assign switchports to those VLANs, then traffic will be routed between those VLANs without ever "leaving" the NetVanta 1335.  This unit is very versatile because it can be a standalone switch, router, firewall, VPN device, or all of the above. 

Here is a guide on Configuring Ethernet Broadband Internet Access in AOS Integrated Switch/Router Products.

Please, let me know what questions you have, I will be happy to help in any I can.

Levi

0 Kudos
brucexx
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Thank you - that is what I though but coming from NV7000 series (router/switch) was wondering if this should be done via the eth interface that I was missing.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor