cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vacant Number Intercept

trying to find out a good way to send did's or Sip id's that are not assigned, to get sent to Auto Attendant or a rign group.  I set up a sip trunk t09 to the 7100's vlan 2 ip with dnis of match $ send 0 for example, made dial plan match nxx-nxx-xxxx and added trunk list so that only the pstn trunk can access this trunk.  Still no go.

Has anyone done this before?

debuging voice verbose I see the call hit t09 but it still fails.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Vacant Number Intercept

Brian,

Is this DID coming inbound into the 7100 from your SIP Trunk? If so then you can just go into your AA and click the Aliases/SIP Identity tab add your DIDs there. You can add it to the Alias or SIP Identity section, if you need to register the number then must use the SIP Identity. Then when the call comes inbound to that DID, it will get answered by the AA. For a ring group, open your ring group and then click on the VoIP Settings Tab and then you can add  a SIP Identity.

Make sure you click Apply and save your changes in either case.

Hope this helps,

Mark

sip_alias.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that will work, but I am trying to build more of a wildcard match that if the sip id is not assigned to a user/rg/AA ect it will match the wildcard rule and be processed.

This particular customer has hundreds of numbers and part of this is to support alternate site backup if they have a hardware or network failure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brian,

Are you trying to get the 7100 at the main site to only answer the call to an AA or RG when the remote site is down? What type of device do you have at the remote site?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that is what we are trying to do.

Multiple sites all have 7100's with sip trunk service.  Our service has the ability to be set up with alternate routing in the event of a network or equipment failure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brian,

Looks like there is no way to create a catch all in the NV 7100. This could be done in the NetVanta ECS SIP PBX in the dial plan.

Here is one way in the NV7100 but it requires you to create an alias for all the numbers

If you want the main site to receive calls from the remote sites when they are down, you would have to create alias for each number in the AA or RG. Wild cards do not work in Alias entries. Alias entries are only checked last so if someone at the main site calls the main number the 7100 should route the call out the Trunk that has the NXX-NXX-XXXX entry in it. If the remote site is down then the call will then fall back to the alias in the main 7100.

Sorry there isn't a more easier solution for you.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s what I was thinking,  Is there a way to add this as a feature request?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brian,

Looks like a feature request was actually put in for this same feature last month. It has not been assigned to a release at this time though.

Keep an eye on the AOS updates on the NV7100 on if it get released. I am also tracking the feature request and if it changes I will try to send you a message and let you know.

Have a great weekend.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt