3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2013 1:21 PM by kennethfernandes

vWLAN 2.2.1 Upgrade Questions

adt765 New Member

In vWLAN 2.1.0.14 under Wireless - NAC Addressing there was a configurable lease time, is this available in vWLAN 2.2.1?

Can vWLAN be switched back to 2.1.0.14 after upgrading to 2.2.1 using the same partition switch tool?

The vWLAN 2.2.1 and BSAP 6.6.0 Release Notes document under Unsupported Features from vWLAN 2.1 has Dynamic Role Assignment Using Secondary LDAP/Active Directory Lookup after RADIUS is no longer supported. Currently with vWLAN 2.1.0.14 I use an External 802.1x server for a particular SSID that uses no Mapping RADIUS-802.1x attributes but rather uses an Active Directory server configured on the section or using LDAP/Active Directory server (Please see attached file). Is this what is no longer supported?

Thanks.

• Re: vWLAN 2.2.1 Upgrade Questions
          kennethfernandes Employee

adt765 wrote:

In vWLAN 2.1.0.14 under Wireless - NAC Addressing there was a configurable lease time, is this available in vWLAN 2.2.1?

In 2.2.1 it is hard set to 10 seconds.

adt765 wrote:

Can vWLAN be switched back to 2.1.0.14 after upgrading to 2.2.1 using the same partition switch tool?

Yes you can switch back to 2.1.

adt765 wrote:

The vWLAN 2.2.1 and BSAP 6.6.0 Release Notes document under Unsupported Features from vWLAN 2.1 has Dynamic Role Assignment Using Secondary LDAP/Active Directory Lookup after RADIUS is no longer supported. Currently with vWLAN 2.1.0.14 I use an External 802.1x server for a particular SSID that uses no Mapping RADIUS-802.1x attributes but rather uses an Active Directory server configured on the section or using LDAP/Active Directory server (Please see attached file). Is this what is no longer supported?

That is correct. That is not currently supported in 2.2.1. Alternatively you could use RADIUS attributes. For example you could have multiple policies in your radius server  each allowing a particular group and then use the Filter-Id RADIUS attribute with a value to match that group to put that group in a specific role. For example a Filter-Id value of student would put the student group in the student role of a Filter-ID with a value of teacher would put the teacher group in the teacher role.

Regards,

Ken

adt765 New Member

Thanks, I have setup the Filter-Id and hope to upgrade to 2.2.1 tomorrow. I do not need the multi-tenant features provided by 2.2.1 and the unsupported features from vWLAN 2.1 do not effect me, would there be any reason to stay on vWLAN 2.1.0.14? Thanks.

kennethfernandes Employee

It appears you have reviewed the release notes closely to understand what features are and are not supported.You may want to familiarize yourself with the new Admin guide pdf as the user interface is significantly different. Other than that I don't see why you would not want to upgrade. There are many new features, a streamlined ui, etc.

Regards,

Ken