2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2013 12:38 PM by erik

Upgrade FW error AP 1840

supermétal New Member

Hi,

We have deployed the new verion from vWLAN (2.2.1) and we have read this documentation: https://www.adtran.com/pub/Library/Bluesocket%20Documents/vWLAN_V2_2_1_Upgrade_Guide.pdf

but, we have this message when a try the upgrade my AP to the version 6.6.0-25 whit this file :w-bsap1840_1800v2-6.6.0-25.bidp

1.jpg

and the log:

ap    config    failed    Failed to send configuration to AP 00:19:92:0b:ed:c0    ERRORS    2013-01-08 14:21:20
        • Re: Upgrade FW error AP 1840
          daniel.blackmon Employee

Hi supermétal,

A few items have changed between vWLAN version 2.1 and version 2.2, and some default behavior may have changed. One very important item is the access point (AP) firmware within the AP templates. It is possible that a template may not specify firmware, and when this happens any AP using that template will be unusable until firmware has been specified within the template (see image below).

When a template is applied to an AP, and the administrator applies changes to the AP, the AP will attempt to pull it's settings from the controller. Once the settings have been pulled, the AP boots into a low level software version in order to apply those changes. One of the areas that may change is the firmware, however if there is no firmware listed in the template then the AP cannot apply new firmware and thus becomes stuck in this low level state.

AP-template-firmware.png

• Re: Upgrade FW error AP 1840
              erik Employee

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Erik