Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

flushing arp cache

Jump to solution

- Will rebooting flush the arp cache?

- What is the default arp cache age time out?

- Can an arp entry be statically entered so it will never be aged out of cache?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: flushing arp cache

Jump to solution

@jeff - Thank you for posting your question on the forum!

The ARP cache will be flushed with a reboot of an AOS device. You can also flush the ARP cache in the CLI by issuing the clear arp-c command.

The default ARP cache time out is 20 minutes.

You are able to add a static ARP entry to an AOS device in the CLI. The command in config mode is shown below:

switch(config)# arp <IP Address> <MAC Address> arpa

Example: switch(config)# arp 1.1.1.1 aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff arpa

I hope this answers your question, but please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@jeff - Thank you for posting your question on the forum!

The ARP cache will be flushed with a reboot of an AOS device. You can also flush the ARP cache in the CLI by issuing the clear arp-c command.

The default ARP cache time out is 20 minutes.

You are able to add a static ARP entry to an AOS device in the CLI. The command in config mode is shown below:

switch(config)# arp <IP Address> <MAC Address> arpa

Example: switch(config)# arp 1.1.1.1 aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff arpa

I hope this answers your question, but please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@jeff - I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor