4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2013 9:35 AM by nick

Connection problems to BSAP-1800v2 and Vwlan version V2_2_1_19

milesgordon New Member

I am running Vwlan version V2_2_1_19 with BSAP-1800v2 access points.

When I arrived at my office I connected to one of our ssids with a mac authenticated iPhone, no problem.

I then went to our campus residence and tried to connect to the ssid configured for their area, the iPhone would not connect, it would just keep switching between connected and disconnected continuously

I had an iPad that connected in both places without any problems.  I reconfigured the iPhone so that it wouldn't be mac authenticated, it still would not connect, just keep switching between connected and disconnected continuously

I worked using the iPad with no problems in the residence, no matter which ap I stood under I connected immediately.

I returned to my office and tried to connect to the ssid I was using earlier in the day, the iPhone and iPad both would not connect, they just keep switching between connected and disconnected continuously.

Another iPad that had been left in the office the whole time worked flawlessly.

I have had this problem a number of times and I thought the problem might have to do with Locations, the only solution seems to be either a total reboot of our Vwlan appliance or a "Restart Status Database".

Once I reboot or restart the appliance the iPhone and iPad connect instantly. I have had to reboot a number of times on different day to get APs to accept connections.

I need some direction on what could be causing this problem .

• Re: Connection problems to BSAP-1800v2 and Vwlan version V2_2_1_19
          milesgordon New Member

Update to the problem

Last night before leaving the office I connected 3 devices to the accessible ssid

Original iPad using ldap authentication connected ok - everything works

iPad 2 using mac authentication connected ok - everything works

iPhone 4S using mac authentication connected ok - everything works

Left work for the night taking iPhone 4S and original iPad home with me, left iPad 2 running in office

Came into work this morning

Original iPad using ldap authentication wont connect

iPad 2 using mac authentication connected ok - everything still working

iPhone 4S using mac authentication wont connect

Tried turning wifi off and on , still no connection

Dropped devices from active user list, still wont connect

Restarted "Restart Status Database " everyone gets dropped from the network for 3 minutes and then all 3 devices reconnected without any problems.

Any suggestions would be helpful, I need something more stable.

• Re: Connection problems to BSAP-1800v2 and Vwlan version V2_2_1_19
            daniel.blackmon Employee

milesgordon,

You would probably want to start by looking at the logs under the Domain section of the Status> Logs screen. Look for the MAC address of your device in question. You might also consider an AP traffic capture which can be performed under Administration> AP Traffic Capture.

Honestly I would recommend with an issue like this that you call us at 888-423-8726.

Regards,

Daniel

Adtran TSE