Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlazure
New Contributor III

Error in loading BootROM on polycom soundpoint ip 321

Jump to solution

hi guys

we have a adtran 7100 with aos version A2.07.00.SC with Boot rom version 14.02.00. We bought 4 polycom soundpoint ip 321 and when they boot they show the error : Error in loading BootROM and the phone reboot.

what do i need to do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Error in loading BootROM on polycom soundpoint ip 321

Jump to solution

dlazure

The BootRom image on the phones might need to be changed or it may have been erased.  You can go to the link below to download a new BootRom image for these phones.  Since you are running A2.07 AOS version you would want to download version 3.1.3C App & 4.1.4 Boot for this IP phone model.  After downloading this version just unzip and upload the two files to the Polycom directory on the NV7100 using an FTP client.  Then reboot the phones to have them download the BootRom image.

https://www.adtran.com/web/appmanager/portal/Adtran?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=waverunner_page_support_so...

If you are still seeing this error after uploading these file, I would need to see the current configuration and the output from debug ip dhcp-server, debug ip ftp-server, and debug ip tftp server events capture while one of the phones is rebooting.

Once you have that debug please make a .zip file with it and the configuration file and upload it to our FTP server with the instructions below:

Open Internet Explorer web browser
Type the following URL:  ftp://ftp.adtran.com

Press the Alt key, click View, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer

Double-click the "Incoming" folder
Drag and drop files from PC into the Internet Explorer window

Reply to this post with the file name so we can retrieve it

Thanks

Charles

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

dlazure

The BootRom image on the phones might need to be changed or it may have been erased.  You can go to the link below to download a new BootRom image for these phones.  Since you are running A2.07 AOS version you would want to download version 3.1.3C App & 4.1.4 Boot for this IP phone model.  After downloading this version just unzip and upload the two files to the Polycom directory on the NV7100 using an FTP client.  Then reboot the phones to have them download the BootRom image.

https://www.adtran.com/web/appmanager/portal/Adtran?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=waverunner_page_support_so...

If you are still seeing this error after uploading these file, I would need to see the current configuration and the output from debug ip dhcp-server, debug ip ftp-server, and debug ip tftp server events capture while one of the phones is rebooting.

Once you have that debug please make a .zip file with it and the configuration file and upload it to our FTP server with the instructions below:

Open Internet Explorer web browser
Type the following URL:  ftp://ftp.adtran.com

Press the Alt key, click View, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer

Double-click the "Incoming" folder
Drag and drop files from PC into the Internet Explorer window

Reply to this post with the file name so we can retrieve it

Thanks

Charles

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

dlazure

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Charles