cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhess
New Contributor

QOS map using DSCP value for locally generated traffic.

Jump to solution

Looking at "Configuring an efficient QoS Map" document, it's recommends using DSCP markings to identify SIP/RTP traffic as it's more efficient then ACLs. 

For example:

qos map VOICE 10

match dscp 46

match dscp 40

If I have configuration of:

ip sip qos dscp 40

ip rtp qos dscp 46

would those DSCP values be applied be applied to traffic generated on the Adtran, that is SIP/RTP traffic resulting from a connected PBX or FXS line, and thus be matched by the "qos map" statement?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QOS map using DSCP value for locally generated traffic.

Jump to solution

Mhess,

Thanks for posting!  You are correct; given that configuration, the SIP and RTP packets generated by the Adtran unit would match that QoS policy.  Of course, you would then generally want to apply a "priority" statement to that QoS map.  Feel free to reply to this thread with any additional questions you may have.

Thanks!

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Mhess,

Thanks for posting!  You are correct; given that configuration, the SIP and RTP packets generated by the Adtran unit would match that QoS policy.  Of course, you would then generally want to apply a "priority" statement to that QoS map.  Feel free to reply to this thread with any additional questions you may have.

Thanks!

David

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Mhess,

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks!

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Glad to hear it worked!

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.

Thanks,

Geoff