Thank you for asking this question in the support community. I recommend following the Troubleshooting Internet Speed Test Issues guide.
I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post with any additional questions. I will be happy to help in any way I can.
Thanks Levi, That was exactly what I'm looking for. Do you have any documents similiar for point to point connection? point to point t1, point to point ethernet, etc?
The same concepts from the guide can be applied to T1 and any Ethernet connection.
- Try using a different Internet speed testing website
- Connect the computer directly to the Internet connection or modem (if Ethernet), bypassing all internetworking equipment, and run the Internet speed test again
- Enable the RapidRoute “Fast Forwarding Engine” (FFE) on all of the ADTRAN unit's interfaces
- Make sure there are no errors on the ADTRAN unit’s interfaces
- Verify the ports are negotiated to the proper speed and duplex
- Disable Link-layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) on the interface connected to the Internet, T1, or modem
Let me know if you have any other questions.
I have previously run speed tests on the 3448 and it's maximum throughput is about 80Mb/s.
If you more rules in place looking at traffic it would obviously be slower.