cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diamondvoice
New Contributor

908e Gen 1 problems with SIP to PRI

We are using a 908e to connect SIP service to PRI connections on our voice servers which use Dialogic T1 cards.  We have this working fine with another carrier using a 908e Gen2.  However, we are connecting to a new carrier with a 908e Gen 1 and having problems on outbound calls with jitter, some delay and ring-back (the far end hangs up but the disconnect doesn't make it back to our server and the line stays connected.)

After 10 days of multiple tweaks and config changes, we've been told by the new carrier that we must get a Gen 2 because the Gen 1 has "known issues" with this type application.  Can anyone tell me if that is true?

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 908e Gen 1 problems with SIP to PRI

The Gen 1 only has an echo-tail length of 16ms VS the 2nd Gen which has 64 ms.

It’s also possible that your provider uses some features found in the newer firmware which is not supported on the first Gen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Diamondvoice,

Thanks for posting!  I'm not aware of any specific limitations of a first generation unit that would not allow a basic SIP to PRI gateway setup.  Can the carrier be more specific about the known issue?  The jitter and delay you mention are typically signs of improperly configured QoS along the RTP path in a converged network.  The disconnect issue should be fairly easy to isolate.  We would normally capture the following debug output showing the call setup and the disconnect.

debug sip stack messages

debug isdn L2-formatted

If this is something that might be easier to discuss or troubleshoot over the phone, feel free to call Adtran Technical Support at 888-423-8726 to open a ticket.

Thanks!

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Diamondvoice,

I wanted to check back with you to see if your problems with the new carrier had been resolved.  If not, you may want to create a ticket with Adtran Technical Support by calling 888-423-8726.  Alternatively, feel free to respond on this post with any additional questions you may have.

Thanks!

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Diamondvoice,

I'm going to mark this post as "Assumed Answered", but feel free to come back and post any further questions you may have.  Also, feel free to post the resolution if one was found.

Thanks!

David