3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2013 2:29 PM by daniel.blackmon

Guidelines for Multi-tenant

ianterry New Member

Hi

with regard to mutli-tenant configurations are there any internal documents offering operational guidelines for vWLAN?

I fully appreciate that there is a limited number of tenants available per vWLAN (50 ?) but I am interested to know if there are any operational restrictions to running multiple instances of vWLAN in a multi-tenant configuration upon the same physical Vmware multiple hosts.

The current design thoughts being to deploy vWLAN upon multiple physical Vmware hosts within multiple data centres high maintain high levels of operational service but ideally looking to run multiple instances of vWLAN upon a hardware platform.

many thanks

Ian

• Re: Guidelines for Multi-tenant
          daniel.blackmon Employee

ianterry

There is a support forums article that covers installation of vWLAN in VMWare. Outside of this, there is no internal documentation.

As far as running multiple instances of vWLAN (which I'm assuming you mean multiple installations of vWLAN 2.2) on the same hardware server, the only limitation is from your server. As long as you have the NIC's, RAM, and CPU cores to run multiple instances, there is not an issue that we are aware of.

Perhaps if you could rephrase what you are looking for, I can provide some extra info.

-Daniel

ianterry New Member

Thanks for the update, given that I have a spare 16GB ram, multi Quad core server I could potentially up to 4 instances of vWLAN upon a single physical server

Thanks again

Regards, Ian

daniel.blackmon Employee

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily as well as award points to the users that helped you.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.