Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fiberopticcoffee
New Contributor III

Adtran 3100 Ignore-Ring Question

Jump to solution

Hi Adtran!

My sites all have Adtran 3100 devices with DBU.

Every single site has the following in its config:

--

interface modem 0/1
  ignore-ring

--

I have something answering the phone line when I call the site.

My POTS tech states that "its a split line after 16 rings DBU answers."

But the "ignore-ring" setting on the modem interface keeps the Adtran from answering, right?

There's no bug or issue or anything in AOS 16-18 that would allow the DBU to answer despite the "ignore-ring" setting, right?

Mostly just answering to get it documented, I'm confident what the answer will be.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adtran 3100 Ignore-Ring Question

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community. What are you attempting to accomplish with the ignore-ring modem command?  The ignore-ring command sets the modem to ignore incoming call ring events.

Please, let me know what additional information or questions you have.  I will be happy to help in anyway I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community. What are you attempting to accomplish with the ignore-ring modem command?  The ignore-ring command sets the modem to ignore incoming call ring events.

Please, let me know what additional information or questions you have.  I will be happy to help in anyway I can.

Levi

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks Levi!

I'm trying to use the ignore-ring modem command to keep the Adtran from ever answering any inbound calls.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Do you have any further questions on this post? 

Levi

Jump to solution

Long-delayed response here: Nope, that statement clarifies it. If the modem is set to ignore incoming call ring events, then it cannot be answering the inbound call.