cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
captain118
New Contributor

ACL vs hardware ACLs

I have two NetVanta 1544 gen 2 switches that I am trying to configure a hardware acl on.

When I do it through the GUI every time I configure a hardware acl it gets converted to a acl.

When I try to do it through the command line, I can create the hardware acl but when I go to add the rules it gives me an error the it "Could not perform action."  (I'm assuming because it converted the hardware acl to an acl)

I am running AOS 10.5.3.

I am wanting to do it as a hardware acl because I want to apply the rules to vlans not individual ports.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kirk

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: ACL vs hardware ACLs

I worked on this problem for several hours and then shortly after posting here I found the problem.

It would appear that if you use the name of a vlan as the name of the acl then it creates this problem.

This might be a bug but also might be by design.  Someone should look into this.

Kirk

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ACL vs hardware ACLs

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  When you get a chance, will you provide some additional information and examples about what you were doing that was causing the issue?  This will allow me to try to determine what the problem was.

Levi