2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2013 10:59 AM by daniel.blackmon

Unable to receive DHCP on virtual machine

adtran_dealer New Member

I am using vmWare's Workstation software on a Windows 7 PC.  Windows 7 is my native OS and I can connect to the BlueSocket wireless without any issues using my native OS.  However, once I launch vmWare's Workstation and spin up a virtual machine such as Windows XP, I am unable to grab DHCP from my virtual machine.

I have no problems doing the same thing if I connect to a non BlueSocket Wireless solution.  I have tried modifying the firewall rules on the AP  to allow Any Any for both inbound and outbound, but I still am not able to grab DHCP on a virtual machine.

Any ideas?

• Re: Unable to receive DHCP on virtual machine
          daniel.blackmon Employee

Depending on how your vm solution acts, there may be some kind of MAC address conflict causing an issue. I would recommend you perform a wireless packet capture on the AP. The guide actually includes an example related to DHCP. Check the MAC addresses that are sending the DHCP offers.

• Re: Unable to receive DHCP on virtual machine
            daniel.blackmon Employee

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily as well as award points to the users that helped you.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply