cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathan75803
New Contributor

BSAP-1800v2 snmp management

Can someone give me a little clarification please. I have roughly 30 BSAP-1800v2 Wireless Access Points and am planning on implementing more in the near future so I would like to get a better handle on my inventory in regards to these items. I use Spiceworks as my SNMP trap manager and have configured the vWlan SNMP agent to relay the information but it is not working.

I went to platform, admin, SNMP agent and configured my community string and ip address for my trap. Does this push out automatically to the AP's themselves or is there something else that I need to do? Nothing is being reported to spiceworks other than the ip address of each AP which is being discovered during the scan of the vlans. I need it to pull AP names, locations, and serial numbers if at all possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BSAP-1800v2 snmp management

You may want verify the SNMP traps under Configuration> Notifications> SNMP Traps. When you edit an item on this page you will notice that you can select from various Notification Templates. These templates contain Info Messages. Info Messages are read-only, but they are basically what you will see reported. Create new Notification Templates or edit existing ones to include the Info Messages you want. Then assign the Notification Template to the SNMP trap.

You can find more information in the on page 190.

If you continue have issues, you might consider packet captures to see what is being sent by vWLAN or received by your SNMP server.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BSAP-1800v2 snmp management

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily as well as award points to the users that helped you.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.