2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2013 9:04 AM by levi

Android VPN Clients for NetVanta products

vmaxdawg05 Past_Featured_Member

Has anyone successfully connected to a NetVanta router with a VPN client from an Android based device.  If so, I would really like to see what works. 

Thanks

• Re: Android VPN Clients for NetVanta products
          Employee

vmaxdawg05 - We've had a couple of users successfully create a tunnel to a NetVanta router using the native IPSec client that is included as of the release of Gingerbread. However, it comes with a couple of caveats.

NOTE: These were noted as of the release of Gingerbread. Changes to the IPSec client may have been made in later releases of Android, and more setting options may now be operational with AOS.

1. XAUTH must be enabled and is required.

2. The connection template on the client must be set to "PSK v1 (AES,xauth,aggressive). This uses the hard-coded options of:

Encryption – AES-128

Hash – SHA

Phase 1 DH Group – 2

Phase 1 Lifetime – 86400

Phase 2 DH Group – None

Phase 2 Lifetime – 28800

3. In AOS, you cannot specify a domain name as the remote endpoint (remote-ID).

4. In Android, FQDNs must follow the format “<Domain>.<gTLD>” . Also, User-FQDNs must follow the format “<User>@<Domain>.<gTLD>". However, it does not require that the ID be valid within DNS.

I hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

• Re: Android VPN Clients for NetVanta products
            levi Employee

vmaxdawg05:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi