Try this for starters:
- 9,[2-9]11 - 9 plus service codes 211 through 911
- 9,0.T - 9 plus operator calls
- 9,011xxx.T - 9 plus international calls
- 9,1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx - 9 plus 1-NPA-NXX-XXXX ten-digits
- 9,[2-9]xxxxxx - 9 plus 7-digit local
- *xx - SPRE ("star codes")
- [1-8]x - 2-digit extensions (consider going to 3-digit dialing for expansion flexibility, and fewer misdials.)
That looks good. I will try it. I am not sure why I have such a tough time with these. Which one of these files should I paste this into if I want a global change?
applications.cfg, features.cfg, polycomConfig.xsd, reg-advanced.cfg, reg-basic.cfg, region.cfg, sip-basic.cfg, sip-interop.cfg, and site.cfg
Or do I just need to put it into the individuals user .cfg file?
This depends on how your configuration server is set up and whether it serves multiple sites (or may do so in the future). I would load it into an individual phone first and tweak as needed. If it works as expected, then put it in the file for the phones at that site.
That did the trick. Thanks very much! I went ahead and changed it to 3 digit inner office dialing.
Thanks for reporting back. I went ahead and selected jayh's answer as the Correct Answer on this thread.