cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hitmax
New Contributor

Total Access 908e and Brooktrout TR1034 Fax board compatibility

Can anyone confirm the if the Total Access 908e is compatible with the Brooktrout TR1034 fax board without the need for additional equipment between the 908e and the fax board?  Comcast sold us on their solution swearing it works but they've been unsuccessful in the past 3 months and from reading ADTRAN documentation I'm wondering if a piece of the puzzle is missing in the two devices being able to communicate with each other?

I have no experience with the Total Access 908e and Comcast does not allow the customer to directly interface with the device to make changes, which is understandable.

Mack

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Total Access 908e and Brooktrout TR1034 Fax board compatibility

Mack,

Can you provide examples of what the issues are?  A lot of times FAX issues are associated with the upstream side of the network and not always the Analog side.  I have seen when running FAX over SIP where FAX servers can be problematic.  There are some tweeks that can be made to improve FAX quality over SIP but may not resolve all issues.

Here's a couple of the Adtran Config tweeks to help with Modem/FAX issues:

If the cable run is less then 300 - 500 feet set the following:

interface fxs 0/XX
  impedance 600r

On any modem line showing communication problems set the following:

interface fxs 0/XX
  rx-gain +0.0
  tx-gain +0.0

Add the following to voice user config:

voice user XXXXXXXXXX
  modem-passthrough
  no echo-cancellation

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Which Brooktrout TR-1034?  If you're trying to do DID/DPT wink you'll need the 924e-L2 version.

gregstahl
New Contributor III

We're using a TA912 and have a customer that is sending fax via a server(still trying to get details on the server), but the sender is receiving a "DSI Digital Signal Not Recieved", ever heard of that? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not 100% sure but it sounds like one end is trying T.38 but somewhere in the middle T.38 is not supported.  I had a problem where a carrier told us they could do T.38 but when we implemented we found out their provider did not support it.

John Wable

gregstahl
New Contributor III

Thank you, I did verify that we have T.38 enabled on the Adtran.  I'll try to check with their carrier to see if they support it.

Thanks again.

Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the Brooktrout is plugged into the PRI it wouldn’t know the difference if it was T.38 or not.

Use the following to configure T.38 with G711 fallback

modem-passthrough

t38

t38 redundancy high-speed 3

t38 redundancy low-speed 2

t38 max-rate 9600

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hitmax,

I just wanted to follow up with you to see if you had any further questions on this post.  I am not aware of any compatibility issues with the Brooktrout TR1034.  Most faxing issues involving Adtran IP Business Gateways can be traced to interface errors or QoS issues in the network.  The guide linked below goes over some troubleshooting for faxing scenarios.

Configuring and Troubleshooting Fax and Modem Calls in AOS

Thanks!

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

HItmax,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered".  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks!

David