cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techson
New Contributor

Help with Merlin Legend and Comcast

I have a customer that switched from Logix PRI to Comcast last year. Comcast provides a 903e Adtran.

they are rolling over to the backup lines on a regular basis, merlin system down, and when customer calls Comcast instructs to power cycle everything.

is this the best solution for the Merlin Legend or should they ask Comcast for an Atlas 550?

The phone vendor can find no problems with the 100D card on the PBX.

Customer is discouraged to the point of just wanting to switch back to the old pri provider.

any suggestions are appreciated.

thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Help with Merlin Legend and Comcast

techson wrote:

I have a customer that switched from Logix PRI to Comcast last year. Comcast provides a 903e Adtran.

they are rolling over to the backup lines on a regular basis, merlin system down, and when customer calls Comcast instructs to power cycle everything.

is this the best solution for the Merlin Legend or should they ask Comcast for an Atlas 550?

The phone vendor can find no problems with the 100D card on the PBX.

Customer is discouraged to the point of just wanting to switch back to the old pri provider.

Probably nothing you can do in regards to the Adtran device if it is owned and maintained by Comcast.  The 900e series when properly configured is pretty much bulletproof and we have dozens connected to PRI circuits with no trouble.  I don't think an Atlas 550 is going to help in this scenario.  Comcast is almost certainly using the 900e for SIP termination and TTBOMK the Atlas won't do this.

If Comcast can't fix it I'd consider a different provider. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with Merlin Legend and Comcast

Techson,

The Total Access 900 series can handle many types of failover scenarios without the need to power cycle.  Comcast may have already determined that the issue is not with the ADTRAN unit, but if you have access to the device, we should be able to help isolate the issue.  Feel free to call ADTRAN Technical Support at 888-423-8726 to open a ticket.

Thanks!

David