3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2013 12:24 PM by noor

    Not able run Cable Diagnostics on 1335 through CLI

    vinstech New Member

      I have a NV1335, could anyone please advise how to run a cable diagnostics through CLI.

      I have tried test cable-diagnostics interface switchport 0/1 i get a % Unrecognized command error.

       

      ADTRAN, Inc. OS version R10.3.0.E

      Platform: NetVanta 1335 PoE, part number 1700525E2

       

      Any thoughts?

       

      Thanks

      Koshy

        • Re: Not able run Cable Diagnostics on 1335 through CLI
          Employee

          vinstech - Thanks for posting your question on the forum!

           

          You will need to upgrade to R10.7 to use the CLI command to run cable-diagnostics. Otherwise, you can use the web interface to run the test. More information on how to run this test on the web interface can be found in this document: Cable Diagnostics Troubleshooting Guide

           

          Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

           

          Thanks,

          Noor

          • Re: Not able run Cable Diagnostics on 1335 through CLI
            vinstech New Member

            Thanks, I did go through the Guide. I would recommend to put that critical piece information in the Guide or in the release notes.

            Does this mean Cable Diagnostics will only work on R10.7 through CLI on all supported hardware ?

            Also running the test through Web GUI also got an issue where it stays on 'Testing...' forever till you click out of that page and come back to it.

              • Re: Not able run Cable Diagnostics on 1335 through CLI
                Employee

                vinstech - I am going to put a request in to get that information added to the configuration guide. But to answer your question, yes, the CLI command was added on all supported hardware in R10.7. However, the ability to run cable diagnostics in the GUI has been available since 17.1.

                 

                Regarding the issue you are having on the web GUI, it looks like you ran into an issue in code that has been resolved in later firmware. You can upgrade to R10.3.3 on the current software branch you are on, or upgrade to the latest maintenance release (at the time of this post, it is R10.5.3) and it should resolve this issue.

                 

                Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

                 

                Thanks,

                Noor