2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2013 8:51 AM by nick

Auto add admins when creating new domain

shawnrasmussen New Member

esIs there a way to automatically add rights to that domain to admin users? We are looking at have a number of admins and it would like to have permissions added automatically for all platform administrators to get on all domains.

Shawn

• Re: Auto add admins when creating new domain
          nick Employee

Shawn,

There currently is not a way to automatically add all Domains to a new Admin User if the Admin is a Local Account.  You would have to add all Domains individually to the local user account.  There has been a feature request submitted to add this functionality in the future.

As a workaround, you can however implement this if you were to create an Admin Auth server and authenticate the Users via Radius. You would simply need to create a platform Administrator (i.e.platform@adtran.com) and then add the Platform Role as well as all the Domains to this Platform Admin. Next, you would want to create an Admin Auth Server to authenticate the user via a Radius Server.  In the Admin Auth server, you would want to create an authenticate rule to match the attribute returned to by Radius for the user and assign that user to the platform@adtran.com Role.

For more on creating an Admin Auth Server, please refer to page 41 in the Admin Guide for vWLAN 2.2.1 and Later https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-5271

• Re: Auto add admins when creating new domain
              nick Employee

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.” If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily as well as award points to the users that helped you. If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.