5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2014 11:35 AM by joetho2

vWLAN reports

yfl New Member

rt
      I am "upgrading" from multiple BSC-600s to a vWLAN. I've found that the reporting feature of the vWLAN is very limited compared to the BSC-600.

With the BSC you can configure reports and ftp them on a daily, weekly or monthly basis and is somewhat granular.

Is there anything in the works to improve the reports?

I am running 2_3_0_09

Regards

• Re: vWLAN reports
          nick Employee

In vWLAN 2.3, you are able to select the dates of when to run the reports, but you cannot automate them.  I am happy to report that there are plans to add automation into the vWLAN in a future release.

nick Employee

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.” If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily as well as award points to the users that helped you. If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

yfl New Member

Nick,

The automation will be great. Any hopes of getting the reports a little more robust, customizable? I been looking at what I could pull before and the vwlan doesn't seem to be able to match it.

nick Employee

A more robust reporting is also in the works for a future release of vWLAN.

joetho2 New Member

Hello,

My VWLAN vendor just upgraded me to the new controller, and I can't seem generate the reports I need with the new version.  The "add widget" option doesnt let me customize much at all.

Is there any option for adding my own widget, or perhaps downloading the actual table(s) in question?

I need number of sessions per location / per month, not just "top users".

Finally, is the client firmware v.6.08 compatible with the old controller? It looks like I may need a rollback.

THanks, Joe