cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to take incoming calls from SIP trunk to be routed to the first available FXS port ?

Due to some sporadic compatibility issues with the PRI setup --- I am looking to re-work a config to use the FXS ports connected to FXO ports on the phone system rather then the PRI.

What else do I need?  Will it automatically route to the first available FXS port or do I need some sort of group?

voice user 4

connect fxs 0/3

first-name "Main"

last-name "Line"

password "1234"

description "Main Line"

caller-id-override external-number 847xxxxxxx

did "847xxxxxxx"

sip-authentication password "1234"

codec-list CODECS

voice user 5

connect fxs 0/4

first-name "Main"

last-name "Line"

password "1234"

description "Main Line"

caller-id-override external-number 847xxxxxxx

did "847xxxxxxx"

sip-authentication password "1234"

codec-list CODECS

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how to take incoming calls from SIP trunk to be routed to the first available FXS port ?

So tried it this morning -- certainly this config doesn't work.  You cant assign the same DID to multiple voice users....  so I'm still stumped how to get the same DID to automatically goto the next availabile fxs port.

Thanks,

Adam Lavelle

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how to take incoming calls from SIP trunk to be routed to the first available FXS port ?

So now I am onto trying to create a ring-group....   tried everything similar to voice dial-plan 1 extensions $  but still get the error voice ring-group 8475551212 Error: Cannot create ring group.  Verify dial-plan type entry (extensions).

This turned out to be an issue where the ring-group apparantly can't be over a certain number or digits?

Anyhow I was able to do:

!

voice ring-group 1234

type linear

member 4

login-member 4

coverage internal 5

coverage internal 6

coverage internal 7

coverage internal 8

did "8475551212"

!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Adam,

If you want to set up a ring group, take a look at this document:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2658

Ring Groups can only be configured a certain way in the TA 900(e) series.  I would use a sip-identity rather than a DID on the main ring group entry (6351 in the example).  The structure of the ring-group is such that a call hits the main ring group which has 1 member in it.  If that member is busy, the coverage commands reference other extensions, which have to be in their own specific ring-group.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Geoff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Adam,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered".  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Geoff