2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 8:40 AM by levi

Configuring Bridge Mode for a NetVanta 344

neipas09 New Member

I got a client that's using a NetVanta 344 as their DSL modem/router.

We are wanting to put in a Sonicwall TZ-210 as their router so we can have better control and configuration for their network, but we need to put the NetVanta into bridge mode so the Sonicwall can do all the routing instead.

Can someone help me out with setting up the NetVanta into bridge mode

• Re: Configuring Bridge Mode for a NetVanta 344
          Employee

neipas09 - Thank you for posting your question on the forum!

The 344 must have an IP assigned to it. Have you been given a public LAN block to use from your ISP? If so, you can set it up normally, but have the WAN interface set for IP unnumbered to get its IP address off the LAN interface of the 344. The LAN interface itself will have one of the public IPs assigned to it that your Sonicwall would use as the default gateway. This will make it so that only a single IP address will need to be assigned to the 344.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Configuring Bridge Mode for a NetVanta 344
            levi Employee

neipas09:

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi