2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 6:33 AM by nick

Preferred client access on vwlan

jzsjr New Member

Hello,

We are currently using 2.2.1 vwlan and I probably should know this but I don't.  Can a client be guaranteed access to an AP either by way or IP or role?  We had an incident with a wireless credit card machine in a gymnasium where it was connected and working but when the gym filled up with people (must definitely with mobile device) the cc machine lost connection and could not get back on.  There is only one BSAP1800 in this gym and as with most of our gyms are very hard to run wire to.

thanks,

Jim

• Re: Preferred client access on vwlan
          rcohen New Member

These should be on separate roles/vlans/subnets, use MAC authentication on the CC machine to make it easier. Set the guest role Over the Air Fairness to extreme negative bias. You could also add QoS with priority on the CC machine, and/or limit the guest role bandwidth.

There's more than one way to do this.

• Re: Preferred client access on vwlan
              nick Employee

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Nick