cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neaxtech
New Contributor

Atlas 550 as Power Fail PRI transfer

I just took over a site that is using an Adtran atlas 550 as a PRI switching/Transfer solution. The issue that I have is that the 2 inbound PRI's should overflow to each other for inbound calls. When I bypass the Adtran, the overflow works fine. Can anyone give me anywhere to start looking? I haven't dealt with Adtran devices since the old standard CSU days.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Atlas 550 as Power Fail PRI transfer

I'm going to assume the ATLAS has the PRIs configured under the DIAL PLAN. In the DIAL PLAN, all calls are routed based on the destination number (DNIS - Dialed Number Identification Service). This is done through the IN#ACCEPT (under the USER TERM configuration) and the OUT#ACCEPT (under the NETWORK TERM configuration).

If you want a call to "roll-over" from one PRI to another, then the IN#ACCEPT (or OUT#ACCEPT) for both PRIs should have the same ACCEPT NUMBER. (They can have additional ACCEPT NUMBERS, but the number that you want to roll-over must be in both.) If you are using "wild-cards" (like "$" or "XXXX") then both PRIs must have the same "wild-card" match to allow the call to roll-over.

As far as a guide goes, this one may help: https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-1392

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Atlas 550 as Power Fail PRI transfer

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Mark