cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oseusa
New Contributor

Installing a Watchguard Firewall before and Adtran 1335

I have been tasked to install a Watchguard XTM-33W firewall with a UTM bundle in front of an Adtran 1335 that is already in place.Which means the ISP connection will be moved from the Adtran to the Watchguard XTM-33Wthen linked to the Adtran. Does anyone have any experience with this type of installation? And any helpful hints.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Installing a Watchguard Firewall before and Adtran 1335

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  I don't have experience with the Watchguard XTM-33W, but how you will configure the NV1335 will depend on how the Watchguard needs to be configured.  Do you know if the Watchguard will be terminating the connection, or simply acting as a passthrough device?  If the Watchguard is acting as a passthrough, then you may not need to make any changes to the ADTRAN unit.  However, if the Watchguard is terminating the connection, then the public IP address on the ADTRAN unit will need to be moved to the Watchguard, the firewall on the ADTRAN may or may not need to be disabled, and most likely, there will need to be a new subnet between the ADTRAN and Watchguard connection. 

When you get a chance, please try to answer these questions, and do not hesitate to reply to this post with any additional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

- Do you need any further assistance regarding this issue?

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered." If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi